|
| Index | Recent Threads | Register | |
![]() |
Forums » List all forums » Forum: Wish List » Thread: PDA / Palm sync of calendar |
|
Total posts in this thread: 2 |
[Change thread status]
[Delete this Thread]
[Move this Thread] [Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread] |
| Author |
|
|
Menschtech
New Member ![]() USA Joined: Mar 5, 2006 Posts: 2 Status: Offline |
I have created a work-around for PDA / Palm synchronization (true sync, not re-importing). The only thing is, it requires a membership (free) to AvantGo. Basically, what you do is set up a new AvantGo account, Create Personal Channel and have the URL match a printer-friendly version of th calendar. (Play with the other AvantGo options as well). When successful, you can sync a copy of the calendar with each sync of your PDA. If you like what you see, you can event go to AvantGo's Export Channels option and make it a one-click set-up for your users (assumes existing AvantGo membership). There are lots of ways to enhance the process (i.e. multiple views, multiple months, etc). I've even developed step-by-step set-up instructions for clients to use. They love it. What you don't get is integration of the localendar events into Outlook or other calendaring program. Instead, you have to seek out the listing by going to AvantGo on your PDA and viewing the information. I looked on the forum to see if there are rules about posting things like this. I'm not sure. Hope I did not violate any rules. |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
This is a very interesting post: Thanks for sharing the details about this service! I'll definitely take a look at it when I get a few minutes... ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||
|
| [Show Thread Printable Version] [Post new Thread] |
Help! | Cobranding | Legal | Privacy Policy | About localendar.com | Contact Us |