Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index |  Recent Threads |  Register | 


Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Change thread status] [Delete this Thread] [Move this Thread]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 334 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
hcacalendar
Newbie
Member's Avatar

USA
Joined: Nov 4, 2009
Posts: 38
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Visitor's E-address. Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Thread]

When a visitor adds an event to our calendar, I check it out, turn on public, and send them a notice of same. I recently did this, and inadvertently used “reply” which sent my message to you instead. Sorry ‘bout that.
However, this brings up a point: the visitor’s E-address was not in my database and I could not have sent the acknowledgement to them. I would like to see you add a box for something like “Your E-mail”, which I could see when I am in edit mode and/or be included in the notice you send me that an event has been added.
A further enhancement could be a check box for “Add your address to your message” If checked, you could show “For further information, contact…” with the address. I know, the visitor could add their E-address to the message, but none of mine have yet.
Thanks,
----------------------------------------
BillWhite36
[Nov 20, 2010, 5:36:18 PM] [66.3.224.7] Show Post Printable Version    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
support
localendar Expert
Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 9, 2022
Posts: 6456
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Visitor's E-address. Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

A frequently requested item, which is on our to-do list smile
The only downside is there is no real way to ensure the validity of this, but we can hope if we dont make it mandatory that most people will still put in something correct.
----------------------------------------
Marc Higgins
Support Associate, localendar.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news
[Nov 22, 2010, 7:42:29 PM] [68.198.253.122] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
hcacalendar
Newbie
Member's Avatar

USA
Joined: Nov 4, 2009
Posts: 38
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Visitor's E-address. Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

Considering the fake orders for tickets and other junk I receive crying , I can’t imagine anyone allowing visitors to add public events. I want to review them first. When I make an event public, I send the poster an E-mail stating the fact. If someone playing around enters a false E-address, then I can’t tell them so, and I will keep the entry private, or return it to private in my E-mail bounces.
Just today I had someone add an event. Besides containing some obvious errors, I can’t tell what entity is putting on the event, or where it is to be held. I’m sending an E-mail to our affiliates asking for info, but I can’t even be sure it was from an affiliate. For now, it is remaining private.
I’d like to see you add something like:
Your E-mail address to verify and make your event public: ______________________
Include my E-mail address in listing. Do not show my E-address.

But do show us that E-address when we are in editor mode.
In fact, in our notification E-mail, I’d like to see:
A new event has been added to your calendar by info@HomesteadConcerts.com
Thanks,
----------------------------------------
BillWhite36
[Dec 9, 2010, 3:58:57 PM] [66.3.224.12] Show Post Printable Version    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
support
localendar Expert
Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 9, 2022
Posts: 6456
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Visitor's E-address. Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

Sounds reasonable. If you read the new event notification email, you may also have noticed we added a screen where you can see all of your unapproved events in 1 place. This was also a frequent request (just so you know we're actively working in this area smile )
----------------------------------------
Marc Higgins
Support Associate, localendar.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news
[Dec 16, 2010, 8:12:48 PM] [68.198.253.122] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
[Show Thread Printable Version] [Post new Thread]

Help! | Cobranding | Legal | Privacy Policy | About localendar.com | Contact Us