|
| Index | Recent Threads | Register | |
![]() |
Forums » List all forums » Forum: Wish List » Thread: Can't find events to be approved |
|
Total posts in this thread: 9 |
[Change thread status]
[Delete this Thread]
[Move this Thread] [Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread] |
| Author |
|
|
bear-calendar
New Member
|
I'm having a problem finding the calendar additions I get notifications about. I log into my calendar and it doesn't take me to the event. Sometimes it does, but rarely. When it doesn't.... where the heck do I find the event? I got one today for Jan 22, 2011 but there is no such event on that date to approve. If you can't put a link in the email I receive directly to the event, can you at least put a menu button for "Events to approve"? Thanks. |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
The "Events to Approve" link is a good idea; we are also checking to make sure notifications aren't being sent out for events that arent saved correctly due to data entry errors. ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||
|
|
bearcalendar
Newbie
|
That's fine for the future, but I just received another addition email and when I click on the link it doesn't take me to the event and I can't find it on the date they say it is to occur. How the hell do I find these events to approve? Nothing is indicated in blue on the calendar when I log in. There has to be some way to find the unapproved events on the site. PLEASE help me asap. Thanks |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
As I mentioned above, we're working on a general "Show all unapproved events" page that will solve your problem. The event emails you receive should also have the time/date of the events being entered, so you should be able to navigate to them when you're signed in. If you don't see them on that date, then they werent ever saved (per my other point) ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
Since this feature is very important to you, we've rolled in out (although it's not quite finished yet) You can visit http://localendar.com/elsie?JSP=EventApprovalList To see a list of events that have been added but not changed over to Public by you (the calendar owner). We will be adding some more information to this table, and also including this link in our outgoing notification emails. Please let us know what you think! ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||
|
|
bearcalendar
Newbie
|
Thanks for your help. It's getting better and better. Great calendar. |
||
|
|
bearcalendar
Newbie
|
It's still not working. I got another email this morning with an event that had been added and when I go the the date the event is supposed to be, it isn't there highlighted in blue or even there. There are three old events listed on your "events to be approved list", but they are from last summer. That list doesn't work. So I have to enter all this stuff manually. It kinda defeats the purpose of letting them add their own event. This shouldn't be all that difficult to fix. If you can't provide a direct link to the event that has been added, put something on the menu that takes you to a list (that actually works) so they can be found and approved. I'm not throwing the door open and let anyone add events that go public immediately. The calendar will fill up with spam and crap. Can you not come up with a way to find the new events when I get notification of one being added? |
||
|
|
bearcalendar
Newbie
|
It's still not working. I got another email this morning with an event that had been added and when I go the the date the event is supposed to be, it isn't there highlighted in blue or even there. There are three old events listed on your "events to be approved list", but they are from last summer. That list doesn't work. So I have to enter all this stuff manually. I added this event, uploaded the graphic, then when I posted the event public, the graphic doesn't show up in either Firefox or Safari. So another problem. The file uploaded ok and appears in my list of images. I added it to the event and it appears there, just NOt online. This shouldn't be all that difficult to fix. If you can't provide a direct link to the event that has been added, put something on the menu that takes you to a list (that actually works) so they can be found and approved. I'm not throwing the door open and let anyone add events that go public immediately. The calendar will fill up with spam and crap. Can you not come up with a way to find the new events when I get notification of one being added? |
||
|
|
support
localendar Expert Joined: Aug 9, 2022 Posts: 6456 Status: Offline |
The email sent when a new event is added does contain both a link to the specific event that was added, as well as to the list. The list works fine. If there were private events added last summer and you never approved them, they're there. You should delete them if you dont want them on the list. We may filter out non-repeating events that have expired in the future.
Without the event title, date, or any other details, I can't help you with this issue. As I think I mentioned on another thread.. I am curious to see the text of an event that was submitted. It is still possible that someone is pasting some invalid content that is getting through some of the validations that we have. Have you tried entering a sample event yourself and navigating to it from the email? I did this test a number of times before we pushed the new list, and it always worked fine. ---------------------------------------- Marc Higgins Support Associate, localendar.com Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news |
||||
|
| [Show Thread Printable Version] [Post new Thread] |
Help! | Cobranding | Legal | Privacy Policy | About localendar.com | Contact Us |