Welcome Guest   | Login   
  Search  
  Index |  Recent Threads |  Register | 


Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
Posts: 13   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next Page ]
[Change thread status] [Delete this Thread] [Move this Thread]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 731 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
rockfisch
New Member
Member's Avatar


Joined: May 11, 2006
Posts: 13
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Facebook Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Thread]

I Love the calendar but I wish there was some way to interface with facebook. I have tried ALL the feeds and have even tried the iCal output through google calendar and through third party facebook apps.
[Dec 9, 2010, 9:48:04 PM] [70.177.105.26] Show Post Printable Version    rockfisch2003    rockfisch2003    www.rockfisch.net    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
Ecrip
New Member



Joined: Dec 10, 2010
Posts: 1
Status: Offline

Edit this Post   Re: Facebook Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

 
I Love the calendar but I wish there was some way to interface with facebook. I have tried ALL the feeds and have even tried the iCal output through google calendar and through third party facebook apps.


Me too plus Twitter
[Dec 10, 2010, 11:36:44 AM] [71.228.47.41] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
support
localendar Expert
Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 9, 2022
Posts: 6456
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Facebook Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

Tweets for event reminders, or some other integration?

On the Facebook question: What type of integration would you be after there?
----------------------------------------
Marc Higgins
Support Associate, localendar.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news
[Dec 16, 2010, 8:19:13 PM] [68.198.253.122] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
rockfisch
New Member
Member's Avatar


Joined: May 11, 2006
Posts: 13
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Facebook Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

If I could get what I really want it would be integration with facebook events where events entered at localendar automatically become facebook events. But I know thats shooting for the moon

There is a facebook app that converts iCalendar events to events but it doesnt work very well. Evertime it updates the feed it creates duplicate events that cant be deleted.

At the very least I would like a feed like the Today+Happening soon, that works in facebook. It would also be nice if it always showed the next event no matter how far in the future it is.

I have gotten one of the monthly feeds to import into the notes app but the notes app was apparently intended for importing blogs and it doesnt work very well with the calendar. Mostly in the way that it displays a monthly feed with the earliest event at the top of the page and subsequent events listed chronologically below. I would like to see the next event at the top of the page and upcoming events below. Then as the event date passed the top event would be replaced by the next event and so on.

Thanks
[Dec 27, 2010, 10:06:19 PM] [70.177.105.26] Show Post Printable Version    rockfisch2003    rockfisch2003    www.rockfisch.net    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
support
localendar Expert
Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 9, 2022
Posts: 6456
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Facebook Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

Great - thanks for the feedback (anyone else?)

We're going to look at the feasibility of adding some of this functionality.
----------------------------------------
Marc Higgins
Support Associate, localendar.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news
[Dec 29, 2010, 11:46:18 PM] [68.198.253.122] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
xg6250
New Member



Joined: Feb 4, 2005
Posts: 10
Status: Offline

Edit this Post   smile   Re: Facebook & Twitter Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

Sorry, just came across the most recent posts. As far as Facebook and Twitter; would like visitors to be able to share (post) events they like to their Facebook and Twitter accounts, i.e. share events with followers.
[Jan 18, 2011, 3:30:49 AM] [71.228.47.41] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
support
localendar Expert
Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 9, 2022
Posts: 6456
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Facebook & Twitter Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

As an interim solution, I see that some facebook apps will let you import an iCalendar feed.

The iCal feed for your calendar is located at:
http://www.localendar.com/public/yourmembername?style=X2

Here's one of the Facebook apps I found (just Googling "Facebook icalendar")
http://apps.facebook.com/icalendar-to-event/Docs.php
----------------------------------------
Marc Higgins
Support Associate, localendar.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news
[Jan 20, 2011, 11:28:04 PM] [68.198.253.122] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
rockfisch
New Member
Member's Avatar


Joined: May 11, 2006
Posts: 13
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Facebook & Twitter Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

I kind of had this working but of course you have to go through google (or other) to get to an actual .ics file Now google is screwing up the feed. They are incorrectly feeding the time zone an creating multiple events for events that start late on one night and end early the next day, like a band gig. I had to disconnect everything cuase it was wreaking havoc with my FB page.

The ical to facebook event doesnt work great either. Are you guys still considering building in native facebook functionality?

Or at least can you provide a .ics file so that I don't have to go through google.

Thanks
Franklin
[Feb 23, 2011, 1:22:41 PM] [129.244.92.102] Show Post Printable Version    rockfisch2003    rockfisch2003    www.rockfisch.net    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
rockfisch
New Member
Member's Avatar


Joined: May 11, 2006
Posts: 13
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Facebook & Twitter Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

Sorry didnt read announcements first. I will try the downloaded ical file

Thanks
[Feb 23, 2011, 1:27:36 PM] [129.244.92.102] Show Post Printable Version    rockfisch2003    rockfisch2003    www.rockfisch.net    Hidden to Guest [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
support
localendar Expert
Member's Avatar


Joined: Aug 9, 2022
Posts: 6456
Status: Offline
Edit this Post   Re: Facebook & Twitter Reply to this Post
Reply with Quote
[Delete this Post]

Cool. Let us know how you make out, and what other enhancements you'd like to see.
----------------------------------------
Marc Higgins
Support Associate, localendar.com
Follow us on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/localendar_news
[Feb 26, 2011, 11:42:55 PM] [67.239.227.20] Show Post Printable Version [Link] Report threatening post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 13   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next Page ]
[Show Thread Printable Version] [Post new Thread]

Help! | Cobranding | Legal | Privacy Policy | About localendar.com | Contact Us